Friday 4 March 2011

This thing in Libya..

Hi everyone,

Today I shall be writing about what's going on in Libya ( or at least a kids view on it ). Here's a breif explanation of what's happened so far.

In Tunisia, citizens got fed up with their president having ruled for so long and they wanted him out. The problem was he didn't want to go. There was only 1 answer, rebel! I think it worked in Tunisia ( but I don't watch the news ) and that inspired Egypt to rebel against thier 30 year long leader. They succeeded too, which then inspired more North African countries to follow their footsteps to get their long time leader out.



The reason why the news is focusing on Libya is simple, they are using guns. In Egypt and Tunisia it was just stones and things, but the Libya leader is different. He really does not want to step down, so he used guns to try and stop Libya's rebels. They responded with guns, so it's guns all round. Kadafi's problem ( sorry if I spelt it wrong ) is that some of his military joined the rebels.

Since then he's ordered airstikes on rebel bases, but most of the pilots purposely missed. For Kadafi, he must be feeling like he should of just steppedmdown, but now maybe he feels he can't.

Just my view on it. Another interesting news story I also saw was during one recent Argentinian footy match, the referee had to issue 36 red cards. I thought it was a bit weird, considering there are only 22 players but it was still interesting.

Remember to comment, bookmark this page and maybe send me an e-mail ( find it in my profile ).

No comments:

Post a Comment